My followers know me - no need for introduction or explanation. If you don't know me, the best way to find out is to read some of my posts. A cute little intro up here isn't going to help much. :)

Sunday, October 10, 2010

yikes!

So, it's been over a month since I posted anything on here.  Things have just been insane.  I added CF sessions, so now I'm going 5 times a week.  I've stuck with the paleo way of eating and I'm loving it!  I don't count calories.  I don't log anything.  I listen to what my body needs and when it needs it.  Then I eat that.  For someone who used food for comfort for so long, it has been a learning process and I'm still learning more every day.  I still have sugar cravings.  I had pizza this weekend - it was good!  And in the grand scheme of things a few pieces of pizza aren't going to make or break my progress.  I am trying to eat to support my body; to fuel it in doing what I ask of it 5 times a week. After the pizza the other day, I feel bloated and gross.  That doesn't mean I won't ever eat pizza again.  It just means that I know what to expect when I do.  The scale has become less of a factor.  I still weigh myself more than I should, but as my body composition changes, I can see that changing also.  I want a healthy relationship with food and for me that means I need to eat to sustain a healthy body, but I also need to allow myself the indulgences to sustain a healthy mind.

I can see more muscle definition.  I can see and feel the strength gains.  I've only been doing CF WODs since mid-June and paleo since mid-August.  I've seen more gains then I thought possible in that time.  Granted, I bust my ass every day I'm at the gym to make the most of those 8 or 22 or 46 minutes, but every morning I wake up, I know that the outcome is well worth the misery.

I'm doing more research on paleo, currently reading The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf, former CF nutrition guru.  I don't think I have ever been this interested in nutrition in my life.  Both CF and paleo are new passions for me.  I think I may have found an interest that could someday translate into a new career.

Oh and I rendered lard yesterday - pretty freakin awesome :)

I just wanted to get all 3-5 of you caught up :) 


I'll try to type more, but honestly, till I get home at night I'm exhausted.  Hugs to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment