I haven't posted in forever. I feel like I haven't had much to say. I had been doing Crossfit 4-5 days a week and life went on (I hit my 1 year CF anniversary in mid-June). But something funny happened at the beginning of June - I decided to do an Olympic lifting competition at the end of July (one week from tomorrow to be exact). Then I thought "Oh, shit, I need to train for this!" So I started training with an Oly coach (who is freakin' awesome) mid-June and a funny thing happened: Something that was once a weakness turned out to be a source of great strength for me, both physically and mentally. I have since registered for a Strongwoman competition in October, followed by another Oly lifting competition (American Masters Nationals) in November.
I haven't done Crossfit the entire month of July and I'm starting to wonder if I will go back after my meet next weekend. The passion I have for Oly lifting reminds me of the passion I used to have for CF. Most of you know that I can get bored pretty quickly; I usually last a few years at a job and then get bored or I exercise for a few months and then get bored. It sounds funny to me to say that I was bored with Crossfit because it is SO different every time I go, but I was getting bored with the results. I have seen huge changes in my body from just a month and a half of Oly lifting. My legs are getting more muscular and with some recent minor nutritional changes, my overall body weight is dropping (albeit very slowly), without a loss of strength. So, for now anyway, Oly lifting is my new passion. And the good thing is, it only has to last until mid-November.
No comments:
Post a Comment