My followers know me - no need for introduction or explanation. If you don't know me, the best way to find out is to read some of my posts. A cute little intro up here isn't going to help much. :)

Saturday, May 22, 2010

And she's out!

So today was the last day of kickball.  I hadn't planned on writing about it, but since there was a bit of commotion, I thought I'd type something up.  I play kickball with a local Sports & Social club.  We play kickball Saturday afternoons and then we go to the bars early (4:00 - ish) and then we are social.

I generally play first base.  Today, I played first base.  The first runner head-butted me because she didn't run to the outside plate (First base has two plates, one is inside the baseline, the other is outside - this is so that collisions can be avoided).  Ok first kicker head-butted me on my right temple - it's tender, but it's a superficial wound.  After that, I chased down the ball and got back to base, no problem.  Second kicker mowed me over like a Mack truck.  We're talking every ab muscle I have is now pulled/strained/who knows what and I think there is a small chance that I have a minor concussion.  My head certainly hit the ground pretty hard.  I did not lose consciousness, but I did leave the game.  I do have a dull throbbing headache, but all things considered, it's not that bad.  I just took some Advil and I am very cognizant of how my head feels.  If it starts to feel worse, I will go get checked out at either the ER or Urgent Care.  This happened about 3 1/2 hours ago, just after 1:00.

Going to go ice my abs again  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment