My followers know me - no need for introduction or explanation. If you don't know me, the best way to find out is to read some of my posts. A cute little intro up here isn't going to help much. :)

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Almost done my intro sessions

I had another intro session tonight at CF.  My warm-up was 500m row, 3 rounds of 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and 10 squats.  A lot of it was review (presses, push press, push jerk, clean, etc.), but I also learned thrusters (not nearly as much fun as they sound, trust me!) and I put the push jerk and the clean together for a clean & jerk.  I did all of these with weights again (except the thrusters - just a nice length of PVC pipe for those).  Rusty said I had the physique of an olympic lifter because I'm short and don't have to move the weights very far.  Brittney said my clean and jerks looked good, so I was pleased with that.  I also tried to jump up and hold myself on the rings (hands at my sides, holding myself in a straight, rigid position with the rings ending up near my thighs) - not so much a success, that one.  First the rings were too high (Brittney is 5'10" - I am 5'4").  Even when she moved them down a little - still not so hot.  That will be part of my new warm-up for a while - 10 attempts and working the negatives if I can't hold myself up.

I have one more session on Sunday which is mostly review of everything and then I move into the regular WODs with everyone else next week.  Some of the ones I've seen posted in there lately have seriously scared the living shit out of me.  Yikes!

In other news, I should be getting a call from a recruiter soon regarding the NJ job  Let's hope that goes well, when it happens.  I'm also trying to plan a vacation to visit a great friend in October.  Yay friends!!  I've been reading the book on Buddhism, but I also have another book to read for book club, which is next week, so I really should get moving on that one first.

Ooh, I think I'll get a pedi this weekend.

Ok, off to bed, I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment