My followers know me - no need for introduction or explanation. If you don't know me, the best way to find out is to read some of my posts. A cute little intro up here isn't going to help much. :)

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I have the most awesome friends!!!!

You all know who you are!  This post will only be about one of those friends, as she relates to my job search, but I have a bunch and they are all amazing!!

As you may recall from this post, one of my friends (we'll call her "T") is trying to help me get a job with her company.  This is not something that I asked her to do.  Out of the blue, I got an IM from her saying - "This job could be opening up, I think you'd be perfect for it".  I was thrilled, very appreciative and flattered.   T and I had never worked together before.  We have known each other since we were 15, but we've never worked together.  She said that she knows how I am and she knows my work ethic and she thinks that I would be great at this job and she thinks I would love it!  Well, who can resist that??  This position would probably be opening up within the next 6 months, but there were some moderate issues that needed to be addressed first (within the company, logistically, etc.).  In the meantime, she tells me that there are also other positions open within her company, in a different division, also in a different town.  She was amazing enough to speak with someone in HR and she sent them my resume.  The HR person said she would have one of their recruiters contact me.

So, yesterday, I got an email from one of their recruiters.  She wanted to set up a 15 - 30 minute phone call to discuss my background and skills and see if there would be a fit for me there.  The phone call is scheduled for Tuesday over the last 1/2 of my lunch.  I told T this and she was almost as excited as I was - her response had lots of caps and at least 15 exclamation points.  She then told me that she would make a study guide for me so I could learn more about the company and that division before my phone call.  I thanked her for that, since it's not something she needs to do.  And at 11:30 last night, I get 2 emails with a total of 15 attachments with TONS of info regarding the company and specifically this division!  Holy crap - I think she wants me to get this job as much as I want me to get this job!  I have never had someone go so far out of their way to help me get my foot in the door!  I am so grateful for all of her help and support (even if I don't get a position with the company). 

So, on the agenda for today: oil change and read everything I can about this company.  Then tomorrow, it's my final CF intro/review and then I need to draft a list of what I analyze so I can convince the recruiter that I'll be an asset to the company.

Lots going on - and so far, all good stuff.  :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment