So, this was my last intro class for CF and it was 90 freakin degrees with ridiculous humidity. Most CF boxes (as they are called) are just old warehouses or loading/shipping/commercial type buildings. A lot of them have big garage doors that are open most of the time. So, needless to say - NO A/C. Well, today my friends, I was sweating. bad. More so than normal. I even commented that I need to get some non-mesh shorts because mesh doesn't soak up any sweat! I had to keep wiping my hands on my shirt, so my shirt was soaked (and gross) and sweat was dripping from basically every part of my body. At one point I sat down on the floor to do something and my arms slipped down my shins! Yes, dear readers (all 3 of you) my shins were sweaty. To be honest, I don't know that I even realized that one has sweat glands in their shins, but I suppose that is the case, because mine were sweaty. I have leather seats in my car and my legs were still so sweaty when I left that they were sliding on my seats.
So, we reviewed all of the olympic lifts, thrusters, overhead squats and front squats, and I did all of them with weight.
I learned pull-ups, kipping pull-ups and the double under (jump rope). I have an aversion to jumping rope. I think because I suck at it so much. I could not get a double under. I came close (one foot cleared but the other didn't), but that was at the end of the class and I was so frustrated with that (I had tried it like 15 times by that point) and so exhausted that I was just done.
I had only had about 450 cals before I went to the gym (had to be there at noon) and I stopped for a treat on the way home. It was a philly style soft pretzel (like the ones they used to sell on the streets in Philly). Food is not supposed to be a reward and I try not to use it that way. I had wanted one for a while and I felt that it was justified, since I had just had my ass handed to me. So my post workout meal consisted entirely of carbs - not my best idea ever, but eh, life goes on. That sucker tasted good, too!
My pretzel is gone and I'm finally cooled off, so I'm headed for the shower (although my shorts and sports bra are still soaked). Then it's time to figure out what i analyze, prepare for my phone call on Tuesday and do some laundry.
These 2-day weekends are horrible.
No comments:
Post a Comment