My followers know me - no need for introduction or explanation. If you don't know me, the best way to find out is to read some of my posts. A cute little intro up here isn't going to help much. :)

Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 31

Another team WOD.  I have a love/hate relationship with team WODs.  The love part comes from it being CF and I love CF.  The hate part comes from feeling like I'm dragging down my team. I can honestly say I'm never in my comfort zone at CF, but team WODs take me further outside my comfort zone than almost anything else that I've experienced there so far.  The team obviously wants to win.  I always finish last.  I feel like they are relying on me to get things done quickly and to give it 250%.  125% I can give.  250% - not so much.  I feel like no matter how fast I move or how much weight I lift, I'm letting them down. 

Today's team WOD:
lift weight off the ground (by any means - DL is most popular) - 3000 lbs/person
run 400m as a team (meaning no one can run until all the lifting is complete, but you don't have to run all together at the same pace)
lift weight from ground to shoulder height (hang clean is most popular, with some SDLHP, too) - 3000 lbs/person
run 400m as a team
lift weight from shoulder to overhead (push press/push jerk most popular, also some KB swing) - 3000 lbs/person
run 400m as a team

The White team time was 35:02
The Blue team beat us by almost 8 minutes.  5 of that was easily me.  But fuck it, I lifted 9000 lbs today!!

Heading to Hanover this afternoon for the CFHanover Grand Opening.  May or may not do the WOD, depending on what it is.  My leg and ass muscles are super tight right now, I need to stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment