On Saturday, after the workout, Rusty said that (and I'll paraphrase for brevity) it looks like I'm hitting a wall - not the same as muscle fatigue, more like engine failure. He said we need to look at what I eat, that I'm probably not getting enough carbs to fuel my body properly. I was like "I get plenty of carbs". I was wrong. After making a concerted effort today (well, the last half of today) to get a 40/30/30 split, I was more like 35c/45f/25p. That's not good. No wonder I'm having a hell of a time keeping up. My body is a gasoline engine trying to run on biodiesel (or some other random engine metaphor as it applies to this situation). So, now I need to figure out what I need to eat, but I don't want to have to cook anything.
I know I need to cut back on my almonds (one of the worst offenders) with twice as many grams of fat as protein, which means 4.5 times the calories.
The bitch of it is, I've been seeing progress with this kind of diet. I can't imagine what kind of progress I'll see if I can get this straightened out.
But, for real, don't make me cook, okay?
No comments:
Post a Comment