A majority of my weekend was spent doing or watching Crossfit activities. The Crossfit Games were this weekend - more on that a little later.
Saturday AM: CF York morning WOD:
"Team Killa"
Teams of 4 people - all 4 people on the team did the same station at the same time. Team score = total reps
2 minutes at each station:
row
push-ups (knee for me)
V-ups
ring dips (rings near the floor for me)
pull-ups (jumping ones for me)
box jumps (14" for me)
My total score was 124. My teams total score was 805, which earned us 3rd place out of 4 and the honor of doing 20 dréas. It is a burpee followed by a sit-up with jumps in between them. Instead of stringing a bunch of burpees together, every other one is a sit-up. Since we made it up, I'm sure there's no video of it. There's probably a better way to explain it.
Anyway, after the WOD, I followed some of the people from CFY to Crossfit Montgomery County in Gaithersburg, MD. There, they did the WOD that was given to the Crossfit Games competitors that day. It was insane. I had been considering doing the WOD with them until I found out what it was.
It was:
1200m run
63 KB swings (36lb for women)
36 pull-ups
800m run
42 KB swings
24 pull-ups
400m run
21 KB swings
12 pull-ups
At the Crossfit games, I think there was a time cap of 22 minutes. No one at CF Montgomery County finished in under 23 minutes. At the games, they also then had to do a max overhead lift within 90 seconds of finishing that workout.
So, I just watched, cheered people on and ate some food. Yeah, maybe next year.
I watched some more of the CF games Saturday after some dinner and shopping. Then today, it was brunch with a friend, grocery shopping and then watching the CF games all evening. They were awesome!
Now, it's time for bed. I'm exhausted and tomorrow is Monday already.
No comments:
Post a Comment